View Single Post
Old 08-02-2014, 09:48 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
1) Span Div Editor: conveniently remove, change the attributes of (and/or convert to different html elements) those pesky, nestable spans and divs (as well as a few others).
Very nice and will save a lot of regex anguish. One thing is that I think <i> and <b> should be valid "Change tag to" values for a span. This is what the calibre editor uses when you press the "i" and "b" buttons.
Quote:
2) Smarten Punctuation (the sequel): gives slightly more granular control over the the smartening process. It preserves pre-existing entities and lets you choose what you want to smarten. So if you prefer three periods to the ellipse character/entity, you can keep them if you like. Also lets you supply a text file that defines apostrophe exception words like 'cept and 'tis in order to get the apostrophe right (instead of an opening single quote). I'm attaching a sample file for that, but basically it's one word per line WITHOUT any apostrophe characters. You can also choose to go with SmartyPants' default of using numeric entities instead of unicode characters if you like.
I have been using a saved search for this. This is much better.
Quote:
3) Convert CM to EM: this one was one I did for roger64. It simply parses CSS files looking for attributes that have cm dimensions and converts them to em (based on a preset factor). Figured I'd toss that in.
I can see the use, but I'm not sure if this is one I will use. As Rev. Bob said, handling other units would be good. But, there might be a problem with "pt". For pt, the font size might need to be treated differently to margins and other layout dimensions.

A very useful plugin. And the most impressive part, it even comes with "Help"