View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 12:17 PM   #42
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by emellaich View Post
However, the 5-inch models are ready for comparison, and here I have a hard time agreeing to your Yugo/Camry comparison. The Sony is clearly stripped down, and the EZ Reader's spec's are superior. Now I admit that the question of quality is still open.
To keep with the car analogy. Many years ago I was shopping for a new car. We were at a car dealer that sold Mazdas and Hundais. We had a target price in mind, and for the same price the Hundai Elantra was loaded, power everything. So, we bought the Elantra. Well, this was the first year for this car, and I have to say it was a POS.

Sure, it had power windows, A/C, and cassette tape in the stereo, etc. But, it basically fell apart within 3 years. It was no where near as well built and dependable as the Mazda 323 I had just sold with 100k miles on it, zero service needs but PM and 1 set of new brake pads.

Now, I'm not saying the EZ Reader is a POS. But, I am saying that just because a device ticks alot of feature boxes doesn't mean it is a better device or a better buy.

But, as you say, the "quality" issue is very important.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote