View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 04:01 AM   #1924
viragored
Read, read, reader
viragored began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Hi all - sorry if this is a really dumb question. I've got a jailbroken Kindle Touch, Collections Manager running on the Kindle and the Collections plugin running in Calibre. What I want to do is use the 'Create' function to generate most of my collections by author, but use the 'Manual' function to create some additional collections.

The first screen shot (CM1) shows my settings and options for the Create function. The second screen shot (CM2) Shows my manual selection just before clicking the 'save' button. The third screen shot (CM3 View Report) shows the results from 'View Report', where the manually created collection appears as the first in the list. The fourth screen shot is the detail of the collections created by the 'Save To Kindle' function - and the manually created collection is not there. After running Collection Manager's import on the Kindle Touch, the manual collection does not appear on the Kindle although all the rest do.

Does the warning (on attachment 2) about 'Create' overwriting Calibre-managed collections really mean that manual collections will be ignored so I can't do what I want to do?

I am hoping this might be as simple as a wrong tick in a box somewhere, but I'd appreciate any help you folks can give. Just a link to the post with the answer would be fine!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CM1.JPG
Views:	285
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	114297   Click image for larger version

Name:	CM2.JPG
Views:	261
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	114298   Click image for larger version

Name:	CM3 View report.JPG
Views:	272