View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 08:52 PM   #17893
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I've almost finished with Stephen King's "Joyland." It's an 'entertaining' read, as are most of his books, but... I can't help thinking it's almost a dark Garrison Keillor slice of life sort of tale. I had this same feeling with his "1963" book. Rambling on and on like a shaggy dog story, and at the end, just sort of stopping, rather than finishing with a bang. I've another 50 pages to read in "Joyland" and I'm hoping that he doesn't do this same thing here. I'd rather see an actual resolve of the murders, rather than another 'oh well, I guess I won't do that' ending. I'm enjoying the read, but I'd love to see it actually go somewhere.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote