Device: none
THE OTHER SIDE OF HEARTACHE on Amazon Kindle Books from W

Here is what readers are saying about THE OTHER SIDE OF HEARTACHE:
“An excellently written women's fiction novel.”
"I laughed through tears."
"A good, insightful writer."
"What a heart wrenching and heartwarming story all in one."
"I could not stop reading!"

Grace’s well-ordered world shatters when she loses her unborn child and her mother within a few months. Summoned to her childhood home to sort through Penny’s belongings, the timing couldn’t be worse. Grieving over her losses and exhausted from a demanding teaching schedule, she worries that her marriage is collapsing under the pressure. While packing her mother’s closet, Grace discovers a box filled with mysterious keepsakes and old diaries written in Penny’s hand and takes them home. After reading pages filled with typical musings of a teenage girl from a generation ago, she stumbles upon a dark secret and is devastated to learn that what she believed her whole life about her family was based on lies.

As Grace digs beneath the Rose family tree, she unearths more than one skeleton buried there. All the while, she must endure the wrath of her grandmother, Eleanor, who is determined to block her efforts to find out what happened when Penny was seventeen, as well as the underlying cause of her premature death. Yet Eleanor harbors a well-kept secret of her own, one more deceitful and calculating than Penny’s sin. Grace’s journey through an emotional labyrinth of passion, shame, and manipulation not only leads to more shocking revelations but also changes the course she had mapped for her life.

Through a story told in alternating voices between the past and present where old morals and double standards from the historical 1950s and ‘60s clash with modern day values, Grace must decide if it’s worth taking an unforeseen risk to reaffirm her belief in the power of love. BOOK GROUP GUIDE INCLUDED.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AXBK8YY

If you read it, and I hope you do, I'd love to hear your comments!
Sarah Jo Smith

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 03-26-2013 at 04:21 PM. Reason: 'Free' edited out - MODERAT0R
sarahjosmith is offline   Reply With Quote