View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 06:54 PM   #35
kzod
kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW
I'm definitely a cynic as far as series go. Too often it seems that characters are created and books written to create a series with no other raison d'etre. I still read Harry Bosch books, but can't quite remember the last one that I actually really enjoyed. At best it's fluff. I do look forward to John Correy novels, and really enjoyed The Lion (the penultimate book to date), but his latest, The Panther had the stink of something cobbled together to satisfy a publisher and deadlines based on familiar themes. I wouldn't really care, and can easily avoid most series. I just get peeved when some of my favorite authors get sucked into the feeding frenzy like Joseph Finder and Brad Meltzer.
kzod is offline   Reply With Quote