View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 07:55 PM   #480
auspex
Groupie
auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nexus 5x
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
I have already stated above exactly what the problem is with the plugin uploading all tags as shelves. Anyone who has used the Google plugin to download tags will have hundreds of the damn things, representing character names, places, dozens of variants of sci-fi/science fiction/sf, etc etc.
Why would that be? If we were actually using tags in any meaningful way, we'd have used the "Manage tags" feature to ensure we didn't have dozens of tags representing the same thing, and the "Delete" feature to ensure that the pointless ones were done away with.

Quote:
Apart from transferring that same dogs bollocks of a mess onto goodreads it could also flood their API with calls,
Agreed, you don't want to issue too many API calls, and I'm certainly not one of those people who'll have a snit if you don't want to implement a feature I would like (and I've already said to mfaine that I _don't_ consider this necessary, either). I merely pointed out that there was no requirement for ALL those Calibre tags to actually get turned into Shelves, anyway.

Quote:
Is this sort of repeated arrogant, antagonistic comment supposed to be helpful at all?
Wow. I'm sure I must have done something to deserve that! I apologized for upsetting you, for heavens sake! I honestly did think you seemed to be having a problem - you've pointed out more than once that you don't use GR shelves, after all.

Quote:
As for the invalid float error, I haven't seen that reported elsewhere, so I will take a look into that at some point.
Well, since you don't like constructive criticism, I shan't bother to continue with what I've learned about that error.
auspex is offline   Reply With Quote