View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 01:28 AM   #412
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Well, after having been referred to this Discussion after wondering how Karma worked, I can say that I sit in the camp that says gratuitous giving is pleasurable to me, as the giver, and is hopefully received with pleasure by the anointed member.

Maybe if this Forum had a 'Like' or 'thank you' button in order to acknowledge the poster's comments then awarding Karma could be considered and delivered differently, because for me it's serving the purpose of thank you and/or like.

I appreciate that the Karma points carried by a member are merely fluff, but they are this Forum's measure of acknowledgement for the poster's contribution/information/advice etc, and can be used effectively rather than adding a post to say you agree or like the comments.

Of course, one can do both, give Karma and post their acknowledgement.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote