View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 03:01 PM   #8
colibri
colibri began at the beginning.

Device: M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxor View Post
I think the M92's build quality is really good. It's not the toughest device I ever helt in my hands, but especially the metal frame around it makes a fairly robust impression. I think it's in a pretty safe condition when carried around in it's case. The device's plastic parts don't jiggle around but feel tight and pretty resistant to moderate pressure.
Sorry but there is absolutely no metal on the M92 at all.
I opened my device already and it looks not that sturdy, considering the price. So I am looking for a nice hardcase for my M92 ... just in case ... call me paranoid ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxor View Post
I don't know the Pocketbook devices though. I have never touched one. But my impression from pictures and videos always was that the M92 is the tougher device. That too was a reason for my decision against the Pocketbook devices.
My little brother owns a Pocketbook 912, so I can compare them.
The PB has a metal back and the arrangement of the buttons is much better, specially when you are reading in landscape (you can navigate with your thumb ... with the onyx ... its not that comfortable).

On the other side, the onyx is smaller, the screen is better (imho), its faster, scribbling works much better, it has better zoom levels ...

At the moment I am missing multitasking most (PB has multitasking).

There is no perfect device.
colibri is offline   Reply With Quote