Thread: deleting a book
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 12:11 PM   #8
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
do you never re-read a book? some folks do. ...
Yes, and that's why I keep a copy of my library on my PC and in its backups. I'll reload it when I want to reread it. Based on my history, by the time I decide to reread the book I'm reading today my current K3 will be long extinct. In the roughly 20 years I've been reading ebooks, I've never reread an ebook during the lifetime of the device I read it on originally.

OP: The trick is to use a method of finding the title easily. Several have been suggested (using "Most Recent" sorting, searching by first letter in title, ...).

My pet method is to always add the ebook to a "Current Reads" collection when I begin the book. Then its easy to find in the short list in that collection (I often have 3-5 books "open" at a time, all listed in "Current Reads").

Also, using the Back button will jump back to the previous display. If you've done nothing but read through a book without interruption, other than to set bookmarks, using Back will return you to the page from which you selected the book (note that the book may not be listed there if you are displaying the list by "Most Recent" as it will now may be on another page). If you get in the habit of using the right arrow button on the 5-way when selecting the book from the Home screen and viewing the book details before selecting "Go to Beginning" from that screen, the Back button will return you to that details screen giving quick access to the Delete option. If Back doesn't return you there on the first press, press it again. The Kindle maintains a short history list for use by the Back button much like a web browser.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote