View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 10:41 AM   #2
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
I export to ePub from CS5, split it in Sigil, fix the cover meta data in the OPF in notepad++ and when I have a working validated ePub, convert it to mobi in calibre.
I installed the CS5 hyperlink fix that Liz Castro mentioned in her book and donated to the fellow who made it. (that was a year ago, can't remember his name but saved me a ton of trouble)

With 200 books to do you need to get as much feedback from this thread as possible.

I had a few troubles with the kindle plug in and have not with the calibre conversions from ePub. The main dramas I've had is with tables in mobi. You need to redo the tables as text if they are too wide which requires editing by the authors, or doing it yourself and getting them to approve it.

Are they novels? The books I am doing a medical texts with recipes, illustrations and tables of natural remedies etc. Novels would be so much more fun I think. The guys that have been around here for a while have them down pat.

As for a sub forum, if enough people call for it it's a possibility. There was a thread not long ago to add InDesign To your thread heading. I thought it strange because newcomers wouldn't know to do it but.... Now you do.

Last edited by wannabee; 08-17-2011 at 10:43 AM.
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote