View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 12:54 AM   #58
Buggins
Zealot
Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabby View Post
I posed th following earlier:

I have a Cruz Tablet T301 running Android 2.0. I downloaded cr3-0-40-08.apk to my PC and transfered it to my Cruz but half way through the install I was notified that the install was unsuccessful. Anybody have any idea why?

I downloaded version 3.0.41-2 with the same results.

I have found since, that the problem could be the software trying to access non-existent hardware (3G, GPS, camera etc). Does CoolReader fall into that category? How you can tell software won't run before you run it, is still a mystery.

Thanks - John
Could you provide logs of unsuccessful install?
Logs can be saved using "Android System Info" utility (available on market).

CoolReader requires additional permissions specified in package manifest.
WAKE_LOCK - to extend backlight timeout
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - to access SD card

Last edited by Buggins; 01-16-2011 at 01:40 AM.
Buggins is offline   Reply With Quote