View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 05:21 PM   #5
Kali Yuga
Professional Contrarian
Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 No Touchie
Meh

I'd say I'm a little disappointed that somehow the author managed to completely blip over the whole returns process. In many cases, a publishers will withhold significant amounts from a royalty statement due to expected returns. With ebooks, the authors ought to get a more accurate accounting right off the bat.

Plus, last I heard advances in general were up. Advances are also a bit of a tricky thing -- many books, including ones that are successful and where the publisher is happy with sales -- don't end up earning back the advance for the author. I.e. big advances for a new writer isn't necessarily a terrible thing.
Kali Yuga is offline   Reply With Quote