View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 01:43 PM   #15
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
I have heard varying comments on ebooks from mothers I know---I was quite surprised that some of them were already using them with toddlers and had legitimate reasons/uses. Personally, I do think that books for small children are about more than just words. As a teacher, I have done evaluations on reading readiness in small children where we look at things like do they use the pictures for clues, do they know which way the pages go etc. These are important skills/concepts for them to learn.

My personal feeling right now (and this may change if I ever have kids) is that paper books are still superior for kids until they get to the chapter book stage and at that point, I would happily introduce an e-reader. As far as them witnessing me with it, I think they would readily understand that my ebook reader is a more grown-up 'book' the same way I used to look at my mother's boring-looking, picture-free hardbacks and understand that those were not yet books for me and that books for adults looked different than books for kids.
That's what I was trying to say, but I got too wrapped around the axle. Thank you!
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote