View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 06:47 PM   #11
faithbw
Guru
faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Mini 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by runtmms View Post
I was happy to leave Sprint to get my Nexus 4. The more I learn about phone stuff - the more I really wanted a GSM phone, instead of being locked to a CDMA carrier.

I've talked to a lot of people about our carrier switch, and find it a little puzzling how attached people can be to their carriers - even when they complain about them a fair amount of the time. Unless you are in a situation where there really is only one carrier that provides coverage I just don't get it.
Sometimes it's about the carrier that provides the most bang for the buck and also who one is most comfortable with. I've been with T-Mobile for six years now and just signed another two year contract. I don't see myself switching anytime soon. Verizon has great coverage but is too expensive. Ditto AT&T. Sprint's coverage doesn't seem to be much better than T-Mobile in my area. Straight Talk has a cheap plan but honestly, T-Mobile doesn't cost much more. Plus, hubby and I share a family plan that is cheaper than doing two individual plans with a carrier like Straight Talk. So sticking with our carrier just makes sense for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
I am not attached to my carrier, but I am attached to my phone number. That number is still the same it was a decade ago.
I'm not sure where you are but in the US, you can switch your number between carriers. You just have to make sure you don't terminate your contract with your current carrier before making the switch.

Last edited by faithbw; 01-30-2013 at 07:15 PM. Reason: typo
faithbw is offline   Reply With Quote