View Single Post
Old 08-02-2019, 10:40 PM   #1921
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpynose View Post
What's with the "Failed to find obfuscation key" error?

I ran Polish books on all of my books and this error came up with some books I'd bought from Amazon. Searching gave me the solution to do an EPUB -> EPUB conversion and then they transferred.

In the future should I avoid running Polish books on EPUBs that have been converted from Amazon purchases or does it not matter and I can jump through the extra hoops by doing the conversion?
Sorry, I don't know. My memory, says the error is related to an internal font. They can be obfuscated and the key is in the file. But, I would have thought the initial conversion would have handled this. Or that Polish would, but might be depended on the options. But, if it needs another conversion step, you might need to accept that it is needed.
Quote:
Edit: I think I may be confused; I may not have previously uploaded these converted books with the Extended Driver. So maybe the error wasn't due to Polish books?
Again, I don't know. You probably need to experiment and check.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote