View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 12:45 PM   #12
zerospinboson
"Assume a can opener..."
zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad v2, DR1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Anyway... I think the security risk with a WiFi device... assuming they are running WPA is weeker in the device it self. You steal the reader you've got access to everything on it. These things don't have security at all from what I understand. So, unless you are talking about ONLY using it as sort of a dumb terminal browser I don't think it would be the best choice for a portable browser device for say a Dr. or Lawyer's office.

BOb
How is someone stealing the device and somehow accessing a terminal window on the iLiad/DR even remotely likely?
Apart from the fact that you're going to stand out quite a bit carrying that thing around, it's not like you can do very much with the OS itself.
apart from that the thing is running linux, so having an open network connection doesn't automatically mean you're sharing everything you own with the world even while the WiFi is on.
zerospinboson is offline   Reply With Quote