View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 11:35 PM   #41
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
To be honest, I'd rather fix the code by hand then rely on Tidy to do it. The only thing I like Tidy for is to fix the formatting when the formatting is a mess. Like when some ePub don't have line ends. Tidy does fix that.
Do you mean the case when there are no line ends between <p> and </p>, as in some kind of "pretty print" tidy (i.e. editing the code view, only), or something else?

Long ago, before Sigil, I learned the hard way not to trust the stand-alone "htmltidy" to fix my .html files, except for certain controlled circumstances. Therefore, in Sigil, even though tidy has been extensively re-coded, I still only use "pretty print tidy" for readability in code view. Like you, I still prefer to fix by hand. Software has been, in my experience, singularly unable to understand what I intended. I don't trust it to fix my code, but pointing to errors is (usually) useful.

Albert
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote