Thread: Hi from the UK
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 11:59 AM   #5
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Marseilles View Post
I do miss book collecting at library sales and the like, but there are new opportunities to make finds, both with old books at the gutenberg press, google books and with new indie authors.

Welcome to mobileread.
Thanks for the welcome guys. I'm really with you on the book searching at sales and the like - we have a whole village here in the UK called Hay-on-Wye which is dedicated almost exclusively to second-hand book shops (and they hold yearly literary festivals - the place even has a self-appointed "King of Hay-on-Wye"). One of my favourite short holidays was to spend time there just rummaging through thousands and thousands of forgotten books, usually with a list of books I was trying to find - a really fun treasure hunt. Guess those days are over now

Still, must keep up with the times

Last edited by orlok; 02-11-2011 at 12:02 PM.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote