View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 01:47 AM   #1
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E & Sage
Highland Feast (free epub)

I didn't see that this book was mentioned before on MR. It's free at the Sony store.

http://ebookstore.sony.com/ebook/mil...00000000256919

At first, I didn't think I was going to like this book. It started off much too verbose and loaded with too many adjectives. After a while, the writing seemed to settle down and develop into a good character story. I just finished chapter four and am enjoying the story.

I won't give away too many details, but it is a story of a family and food. The food angle is interwoven naturally into the story. As a side benefit, you get some great recipes at the end of each chapter.

It's unusual for a book to alternately bring a tear to your eye and then make your mouth water. This book does just that.

Back to the rest of the book.

Joe
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote