View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 04:59 PM   #1
Riptide
Riptide began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Kindle noob... purchased books can't open with Kindle

Hello,

So having just received my Kindle, I loaded up a couple of books that were sent my way, and loved them! Looking for the next book in the series and having issues with amazon (am in Canada), I decided that because I really liked the author, I'd just purchase the books from a different site, and be done with it. I've since done some reading on how to work around Amazon's Canadian restrictions.

I purchased four books from ebooks.com (at $7.99 each). After paying for the books, I was instructed to download and install Mobipocket reader, then provide the Personal ID (PID) from Mobipocket reader. This was done, and the books were then downloaded in prc form. I thought this was great as it meant I would just be able to load them onto my Kindle, and read away.

When I transfered them onto my Kindle, it recognized them, however it will not allow me to open/read them. I get an error message indicating that the selected item could not be opened and if purchased from Amazon, to contact them.

I do not want to read these books on my desktop... I only purchased them, as I'm attempting to convert my paperbacks into ebooks to read on my Kindle.

Any ideas on how I can make it possible to read these on my Kindle? Does Kindle 2 have a PID? And if how, how do I find that out?
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote