View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 02:19 PM   #14
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozh View Post
Yes, Hitch, the problem is solved in the K5. Kindle app for android, on the other hand, continues to duplicate the front matter header.

A quick question: do you have a good resource to compare different kindle formats (AZW3, KF8, KFX, etc)? I think the big problem here is I'm relying too much in the ePub specs while I need to focus more on how all this stuff is translated to the (as you put it) Kindleverse. Amazon guides do not help!

Thanks again!
Hi:

Well, yes, but that's because I have about 10 different real live Kindle devices sitting here.

I would say that KP3 and KP2.9x are actually QUITE good. In KP3, you cannot rely on the line-heights, and you cannot see ET outside of KP3--if you sideload a file that has ET, onto a device, you won't see the ET, like popup footnotes or the like. Other than that, the two together--using KP2.9 for KF7 and line-heights, and KP3 for everything else--are accurate enough.

You are, what, sideloading your built MOBI onto a Droid device, to test that TOC Guide issue?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote