View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 12:40 AM   #1
detayls
Addict
detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Kindle Voyage
Thumbs up Informit agrees to refund California Sales Tax

I have just formally asked Informit why they have been charging me with California Sales Tax. In California, eBooks bought and transmitted over the internet are NOT subject to Sales Tax.

California is starting to catch on to this whole internet thing.

They responded "Thank you for contacting customer service. We apologize that you were charged sales tax for your eBooks in error. We have credited the sales tax for the following orders:

WEBE167.....
WEBE218.....
WEBE125.....
and so on.

The refund for the sales tax will be applied the credit card used on the order. Please allow up to 10 days for the credit to appear."

This sounds like a good thing so next I asked them:

"Thanks.

I hope this means that ALL the California sales tax charged for eBooks for ALL customers is being refunded."

To which they responded: "Our pleasure. If the customer calls and contacts us, or if in the process of doing our jobs we notice it, it is refunded, however, we don't have the time or resources to dedicate to the task of sorting the orders and creating the refunds.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance."

I say go and claim your refunds. http://www.informit.com/

Good luck!
detayls is offline   Reply With Quote