View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 12:28 AM   #518
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatNY View Post
Right. I was saying that initial app purchases are NOT the only way that developers for Android make money. They also make it with in-app advertising as well as in-app purchases done at a future date. And a fact which these developers know just as well we all do is that Android has been growing far far faster than iOS, with no end in sight. So any app they do create today -- whether it has an upfront fee, an in-app purchase at a later date, OR instant revenue from in-app advertising -- would likely have much greater potential profit" my exact quote in the future than an iOS app. I did NOT say android currently has greater mobile ad revenues, and I especially didn't say it had greater ad revenues on the Opera network, lol.
Technicality: the last refuge of the failed debater. How utterly convincing.

Yes, you did say "potential profit." Those weasel words allow you to now, retroactively, claim that you mean profit in... 5 years! 10 years! Whenever Android finally gets around to being, you know, actually profitable for developers. In the meantime, it's 3.5x-4x less profitable to develop for Android than iOS now. That is a fact, not amateurish armchair conjecture. That is why Android apps are so poor compared to iOS apps, because serious businessmen making professional products go where the money is. Meanwhile, the un-curated Android stores are flooded with shoddy junk from hobbyists, inflating their numbers but not improving their quality.

Last edited by holymadness; 01-06-2013 at 12:56 AM.