View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 11:49 AM   #11
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by emellaich View Post
Anyway, I think getting a mature tablet O/S and a core set of applications will be the big hurdle. Maybe as Android becomes a more stable tablet (not phone) O/S or maybe with the introduction of Chrome things will get better. In either case, I'd expect it to be the end of the year or mid-year next year before real progress is made.
I just don't see any real benefits to chrome, storage becomes cheaper every year so the thing that consumers need is better synching between their various devices and not simply less stuff being stored on a device. The most useful thing Google could do for the tablet market is to open up the marketplace to larger screen devices as currently you have them all scrabbling around trying to build their own stores which just seems so pointless in the long run.
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote