View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008, 10:00 AM   #7
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Is this something I should know about? Not that I ever ever would.......but............
Yes, I think it is good to know what and how you can do something that's illegal or unethical (by many, at least) so you can recognize it when you see it and avoid it if you choose. In the simplest and most passive way, you can Google titles and authors and find hits that will often lead you to a file that is an ebook which is a copy that has not been authorized by the author and/or publisher - it's a pirated copy. These are usually freely available to anyone who wants to take them and even redistribute (which would be an even more serious error). They don't have a big banner that says "THIS IS A PIRATED EBOOK". If you find a copy of something that's not legally in the public domain and you found it a location that's at all questionable (whether you paid for it or not), my advice to you is to step back and walk away from it and then email the publisher to let them know that you've found it and where. They can probably tell you if it's reputable or not.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote