View Single Post
Old 03-23-2008, 08:57 PM   #6
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What is the resolution of a full screen image for the 1150 and the 1200? This way, I can resize to fit both I hope.
according to the Gemstar eBook EB-1150 Formatting Standards (which i beleive i found on this site, somewhere... in pdf format), the USABLE screen size of the 1150 is 318px x 446 px ; however, that does not include side margins or the running header which i always include, so i format my images for 310px x 430px. this is an approximation acheived through trial and error and probably could be further refined, but i got tired of the trials.

the 1200 usable screen size is given as 470px x 593px, but again this is WITHOUT header or margins. i don't know what the actual usable size is, with those elements. in any case, i can tell you it is not homothetic to the 1150 (that would have been too easy ).

[EDIT or just ask Nick...]

as i said though, this only poses a problem with images that are tall and narrow and larger than the screen, which you allow eBook Publisher to resize automatically. if only it would fit to the height as well as to the width, it would not be a problem even then.

see this other post for how i get around the problem without losing image quality (a rather quick and dirty solution, but it does work).
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote