View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 09:22 AM   #10
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
On a practical note I don't think it can yet be implemented in the same way it is on a computer. Simply, there is no animation possible on a reader and DE's displaying prowess is built around the visual dynamics of Flash. In DE when one chooses to change font size, for example, the text is seen to blow up, litterally. On a reader such movements are not possible. If it is implemented it will not be dynamic, which is in my view one of the better aspects of this software.
Good point, Yvan. I think the focus is less on porting the GUI of DE rather than porting its engine to the Reader. Remember that DE can do more than just PDF. .epub for instance.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote