View Single Post
Old 11-09-2017, 11:29 PM   #9
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
I watched a documentary series about the history of the English Language a few years ago from the BBC, "The Adventure of the English Language" by Melvyn Bragg in which he explained that in the past 500 years the place where English has changed the least is in the southern USA. Given that it might be said that our spelling and pronunciation is more correct than anyone else's.

Of course he also mentioned that the majority of English speakers in the world today live in India so if we took a vote I guess it would be the way they spell and pronounce.

My spelling has always been terrible but I'm just narcissistic enough to think I'm always right so those of you who spell correctly might want change your ways.

Barry
Sellcheek is my best fiend.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote