View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 07:06 PM   #580
SampleAndy
Addict
SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KFire HD, KFire, KTD 3g, KT, K4B, K4S, K3g, K3g SO, K2, K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
If you want, you can grep the source code of collections manager for "Ring of Fire" to see whether I implemented some easter egg which prevents the creation of such a collection (I didn't).

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

To be honest, I'd HEARD of grep, but I thought it was used to compare two files, so I have learned something today. Since my expertise in Java was limited to drawing a purple square inside a white one, and even that was 4-5 years ago. I'm not even going to look at your code. I have nothing but respect (or AWE?) for what you can do.

I think what I was hoping for was somebody to try it and either tell me I'm crazy or my KPW is screwed up or that the process CAN be reduplicated.

and then...
Quote:
... EDIT: While looking at it - you may have a BOOK with the name "Ring of Fire", in which case CM would also refuse to create a collection with the same name.
An ANSWER!!!

uh... So how come I can do it from the Kindle menu?

I've read some of your posts about what you have to go through to figure out what lab126 did so you can create programs that can do anything, and from trying to figure out what other baby programmers were trying to do (in their SOURCE code) I have some appreciation of it... but I just had to ask.
Thanks,
Andy
SampleAndy is offline   Reply With Quote