Thread: Aura ONE From old to new Kobo device
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 06:53 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo,Aura H2O,Glo HD,Aura ONE,Clara HD,Forma;tolino epos
There are two ways that I can think of to do it. One is via calibre, the other by copying everything and modifying the database.

The way I have done it is via calibre. My Kobo Utilities plugin can fetch and later restore the reading status for all books on the device. I use the fetch daily to store the reading status. When I setup a new device, I simply send the books to it that I want on it, let the device import them, then connect again and send the reading status. This doesn't restore annotations or the time spent reading.

The other method involves doing some database changes. You setup the device and then copy the table "user" from the database. Then, copy all the files from book partition of the old device to replace everything on the new device. Then you replace the contents of the user table in the database with the saved data.

I haven't done this. It has been discussed several times here in the past with some variations. People have reported that it works. I'd recommend searching for those discussions to see the fine points.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote