View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014, 01:53 PM   #12
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaufman View Post
Or did you mean you do title and then series and then author? I guess that makes more sense, but wouldn't it be easier to group by author and then do whatever other sorting you want to?
Actually, I do similar things as jackie_w. That is one reason that CC uses a 3-level nested sort.

Example: peruse my library looking for something interesting. Using her sort (and yes, you do invert the steps), you see books by author. Inside that grouping you see the books ordered by series. Books with no series (or better for this example, the empty series) are ordered by title.

As for the ideas: as usual this requires thought. Having sorts optionally attached to grouping could make a lot of sense. Having the ability to specify compound sorts as a single operation could also make a lot of sense. It might also make sense to make sorts available as links or buttons in the grouping drawer, where you define which ones appear there (less convinced about this one). I do think that there must be a way for the user to access easily all the sort operations, but this might be different from the "common" operations directly available.

This is one that should cook for a while, perhaps attracting more comments and ideas.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote