View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 09:01 AM   #379
zxczxc
Addict
zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: PW
thanks for this, i really like the update with the option allowing usbms so you can access the device's books using usb, yet still letting ssh happen over wifi
although at first i thought updating to the latest version, or, updating to 5.3.6 on my paprewhite made something stop working, because whenever i toggled usbnetwork in the kual menu installed by the hack, the message displayed would freeze at 'N tweaking iptables config' and when I go to usbnetwork status, it tells me 'N ** usbnetwork is disabled (usbms)' yet i can ssh over wifi to my kindle. (and in my setup via the usb cable it is not allowed)
if i toggle it again, it still gets stuck at the same tweaking iptables config part, and if i show the status this time, it shows the same thing, that it is disabled (usbms) but toggling it on and off does work, because now i cannot ssh to the kindle.

is there anything wrong with my setup, or is there a problem with the usbnet hack, and i have my configuration means that it cannot tell me whether usbnet is up or down?

sorry if it sounds confusing, i'll be happy to reword it if it is needed, thanks a lot
zxczxc is offline   Reply With Quote