View Single Post
Old 02-18-2022, 05:57 PM   #3
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Does your dictionary speak?
I threw together a cheesy app for myself that speaks.
The biggest shortcoming is that freedict.org doesn't have anything good for Russian.
They only have a 2000 word English to Russian and their word choice is odd.

Edit: I've played around some more. I like this one, it changes the on-screen keyboard when you change the direction of the dictionary. It works fine on my phone, but not on my Onyx Poke3. I can manually change to the Russian keyboard, but it doesn't happen automatically.

I made it so it can say the word you typed (in whatever language you're typing) or the word it looked up in that language.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lookup2.png
Views:	164
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	192395  

Last edited by Renate; 02-20-2022 at 07:57 AM.
Renate is online now   Reply With Quote