View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 01:51 PM   #16
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by troymc View Post
But maybe the tool isn't being design the way people need to use it? (Sorry, that's not meant to be as snarky as it sounds!)
I wasn't trying to justify anything, but instead was stating facts. When I go to Paris, I would love to cross the channel in my car instead of dealing with EuroTunnel, but I can't.

If you want calibre to be designed differently than it is, submit enhancement tickets. A lot of them get implemented.
Quote:
I had never before heard the requirement that these should be run as different users.
There is no such requirement. What I am saying is that when you switch libraries, it is best to also switch configuration directories. A user can have hundreds of them, if needed. For example, I have around 8 of them for various reasons. Post #10 above describes how I do it.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote