View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 06:14 AM   #4
K-Thom
The one and only
K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: yup!
Quote:
The only thing which really puts me off pressing the buy button is that I want to actually own my ebooks and be able to put my library of books onto any device I buy - that can't happen with Amazon as they use their own propriatory format. If they sold .epub files I'd be in like a shot.
As long as it's azw, do a little browsing here for a certain Python script, download Kindle for PC, strip the DRM off the azw files, run them through calibre, enjoy them on any device you like. Works like charm.

Best, if you do that, you can also include an occasiaonal missing book cover in calibre.
K-Thom is offline   Reply With Quote