View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 12:19 PM   #3
LucidDreams
Tech Reader
LucidDreams knows what time it isLucidDreams knows what time it isLucidDreams knows what time it isLucidDreams knows what time it isLucidDreams knows what time it isLucidDreams knows what time it isLucidDreams knows what time it isLucidDreams knows what time it isLucidDreams knows what time it isLucidDreams knows what time it isLucidDreams knows what time it is

Device: Sony Reader Pocket Edition PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
If PDFs and a 6" screen are central to your needs, then perhaps it would be worth waiting until Feb/Mar for the Foxit eSlick, see Foxit eSlick, New eInk based reader for $229.
Thanks for the suggestion. I use the Foxit PDF reader on my PC and it's so much better then Adobe's own product. But the problem I have with the Foxit eBook Reader is that the normal price is going to be $259 and that the $229 price is only for pre-orders. It's also important to note that the pre-order $50 deposit is NOT refundable. Plus you need to add on shipping charges. Since this is a 1st gen product for them I can't see pre-ordering it. Also, the PRS-700 can be had for $299.99 (using the Sony Credit Card you get $100 credit in 8-12 wks). And the Sony PRS-700 allows PDF zoom/panning which looks more refind then what I've seen in the video prototype they have posted on their website.
LucidDreams is offline   Reply With Quote