View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008, 01:06 PM   #2
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by josecastanon1 View Post
Hi, i was wondering how have everybody's way of converting , making and formatting ebooks have changed or improved since the firmware upgrade that allows pdf reflow? Are pdflrf, pdfread, rasterfarian still in regular use by everybody or do you just do calibre/ connect conversion? well, that's about it, I hoe you can help, bye.
Well PDF reflow is my first choice, but it does not always render the PDF well. So I find myself using PDFLRF still, but lest frequent.

One of the bigger changes is with their large file improvement. I can create one large LRF file with PDFLRF instead of having to break them up into 2MB files.

I also find myself usign sony Library more as they LRF books load MUCH faster than calire since the new firmware

Personally I think PDF reflow is a step forward and a step backwards. If they had kept their implementation of removed the margins on PDF books 90% of the PDF I read would not need any changes, due to their PDF enhancements.

I find that I started using the Poor man's PDF editor much more since all I want to do is remove the margins.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote