Thread: Bad Fantasy
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 05:49 PM   #25
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
I'll nominate Lester Dent's Doc Savage books, written in the 1930's and reprinted in the 1960's. I thought these were awesome when I was around ten years old.

Somehow I came across most of the collection later in life and I could not understand how my young self enjoyed those so much. Robert E. Howard's fantasy works also lost some their value to me later in life but they still have some redeeming qualities. Same for the Perry Rhodan series, weaker but still valued.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote