View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 03:53 AM   #1
Elysium
Nameless Being

Elysium's introduction. (She talks too much.)

Hello. I'm Elysium - twenty-one years old and studying a B.Tech with an Australian university. I'm in my first year, and aiming towards eventually completing a doctorate degree. I'm an amateur violinist currently searching for a new teacher (I play on a Gliga III) and a passable bassist. My passions are music, books, mixed martial arts and collecting things. I spend far too much time at church and I can count on one hand the amount of times I've turned down a cup of tea. I'm currently teaching myself knitting, C++, and how to budget.

I initially purchased an e-reader because of the wealth of public domain books available for it, but have since discovered a far more useful benefit: the ability to read whilst teaching myself to knit. It's slower going as I need to frequently look at my needles for the time being, but I'm finding that I'm enjoying the slower pace and the chance to be one of those ladies who curl up in a corner with a cat, a blanket, a cup of herbal tea, a book and some knitting. I suppose you could say that having a Kindle has changed my life. It's taught me to slow down and smell the roses

As you've probably noticed, I talk far too much -- friends have suggested that I write a novel. I like to point out to them that I'm studying technology and not literature; I'm a literal thinker. I love exploring universes fashioned by others, but am quite terrible at fashioning my own. Music is my most creative pursuit, and I have no natural talent for it. In any case, I'll shut up now. I just thought I'd give you a verbose introduction. I'm looking forward to discussing books with you all!