Thread: PRS-650 Good old Sony reader!
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 08:16 PM   #6
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I have both a 650 and a 350, and while overall I agree, I have regular problems with the battery draining too quickly with both of them.

It seems - although I have not completed thorough testing - it happens after I load more books to the reader using calibre. And the hard reset* seems to fix the problem, at least until the next time I load more books.

But I know I got the suggestion to use the hard reset from this forum, so I think if you look, there are some complaints about the 350/650 line as well.

EDIT: "Hard reset" meaning using the reset button at the same time as holding in the power button, which forces the reader to restart. Not the reset that sets everything back to the factory defaults. I may not be using the right term for what I do, since I just noticed "hard reset" being used to describe resetting the reader to factory defaults on another thread.

Last edited by FizzyWater; 10-07-2012 at 08:25 PM. Reason: clarification of term
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote