View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 06:54 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I saw this very thing on my mom's new KT after we updated it to 5.1 during a visit, but was not able to resolve it before I had to leave.

Things I'd try:
- go into Settings, Device Options, Dictionaries and set the 'other' dictionary as default for English (if this works, set it back to the 'original' default if desired)
- restart
- archive the dictionaries, re-download from archive, check Settings again.
- call Amazon CS...

My KT (recently purchased and updated at about the same time as my mom's) does not have this problem. But I spent several hours to replicate the content that was on my previous KT, probably did a restart along the way, and so the problem—if I ever had it—may have fixed itself somehow. I'll check with my mom to see if it is working now for her.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote