View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 04:10 PM   #5
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hn333 View Post
The only way to get access to channel 14 is to use a third party firmware on your router. That is if your router can run on third party firmware. Channel 14 is use only by Japan, channel 13 is use by Europe. If you use it and someone reports you to the FCC, you will be fined.

Anyway even if you use it you may have problems with your devices connecting to that channel. I have access to channel 14 on my router but I've never used it. You should be find using on the main three channel 1,6, and 11. Use the channel thats the strongest.
Thanks hn333. I'm fine with channel 11. I just thought that since WiFi Analyzer said 14 was better I would try it. I wasn't aware the higher channels were illegal. Channel 11 is the strongest of 1, 6 and 11. So I'll just keep that.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote