View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 12:03 PM   #84
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
They may if what I'm hoping comes to pass comes to pass. I'm hoping that the Harry Potter eBooks in ePub take advantage of features that Mobipocket just can't handle and that would make people wake up and see the differences. For example, if the ePub used font embedding to do it like the pBook did. If the ePub is done well, I can see reviews comparing them. And heck, I can see kids wanting their parents to then get a reader that isn't a Kindle.
So Amazon switch to ePub with their own DRM. You still can't read their books, they still can't read yours. What has changed? The format issue is a red herring. It is DRM which prevents interoperability. Apple use ePub, but their books are less accessible to you than Amazon's.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote