View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 08:16 PM   #60
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
This thread isn't about whose posts are most "interesting," nor is it about anyone's "looking to be read." It's about whether posts should be editable, as they are in virtually every other forum.

So far, it has been generally agreed that people should be able to edit their posts. You may disagree if you like, but it isn't your place tell me personally when and how to edit my posts -- particularly when the subject is everyone's ability to edit.

Some people care about mistakes and others do not. If you're of the school that doesn't, then good for you. But the policy we have now allows some not to edit themselves and others to edit as they please. The opposite would forbid everyone to do what didn't happen to suit some of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
Honestly, Prestidigitweeze, there are too many interesting threads to follow here that not everyone rereads the posts you've written three days ago. Members coming new to a thread or being absent here for some days, okay, they will, but people who contributed to or followed a thread from the very beginning? Normally not.
If you still spot any typos after a certain amount of time (not in the first half hour or during the first day), let them stay in your text - it's not the worst trait not to be perfect. If you want to change the content - do so in a new post, it's not the worst trait to admit, "I have thought about it and changed my mind" or "I have not been clear enough, I wanted to say this or this". This way you have much better chances that your new expression of your thoughts will be read.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote