View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 09:36 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccarree View Post
"This item cannot be opened because it is licensed to a different user. Delete the item and download it from your Archived Items or purchase a copy from the Kindle Store."

Both my kindles are registered to the same account so did not understand this advisory.
This is not a calibre problem, this is a Kindle DRM problem. You might want to discuss this on a Kindle forum and ask why books you bought for your DX can't be read on the Kindle3 even though they are both registered to the same account.

Quote:
I then went into the Welcome Wizard in calibre's "Preferences" and changed my "device" from DX to K3 and re-added my collection from calibre. When all my titles were listed as being on "Main" device, I tried to open a few of them on my K3 but, once again, I got the "This item cannot be opened" message.
Calibre can send them all day long but you have to contact Amazon to findout why they can't be read.

Quote:
PS: Another query: what is the easiest way to get my calibre library from my desktop (its "home") to my laptop for use on my kindle app? Could I download the file onto a flash drive and copy it that way
Copying the files over via flash drive should work fine.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote