Thread: Aura ONE Aura ONE availability
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2020, 12:39 PM   #29
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muttly View Post
Except, of course, that I never called anyone daft or absurd. I just pointed out that certain statements were deserving of those epithets.
Calling the idea presented by someone daft is akin to calling them daft, especially when coupled with your floating the idea that it was feasible Kobo had begun manufacture of a years out of production device, with absolutely zero advertising for doing such a thing.

Quote:
Except that, as I clearly pointed out, I haven't been making claims about basic business or manufacturing. All I've been doing is pointing out that you are speculating.
Unwilling, or unable, it makes little difference, and since you've shown clear faulty logic re a company rolling out previous devices on the manufacturing line, I'm not one to just lend your other claims credibility.

Quote:
And, in post #25, I carefully explained where you are wrong and why.
you mean like when you said:
Quote:
I'm not going to answer all this as it's mainly meaningless blether, and the fact that you can't use the quote system properly, or even do a basic check of your post further complicates any already confused rant.
Quote:
I note that you could not defend your waffle, there, limiting post #26 to ad hominems and excuses about your inability to check your posts to ensure that you've used the fairly simple quoting system properly.
Which "waffle" was that? As a note, I'd advise not using slang, here "waffle" refers to a change of positions, i presume as I haven't changed positions it means something else.

Do you mean the one where I state companies like selling out of product they aren't producing anymore and you try and counter that with some rubbish about space only applying to brick and mortar stores?

Because that idiocy is a total fallacy, space costs money regardless of where it is and how it's being used. Yes a warehouse costs less than running a brick and mortar store, for obvious reasons, stock must compete much more heavily for space. However stock sitting in a store room is worse for the company as it's not even got the potential to sell when they aren't offering it anywhere. And before you blather on about how it's available now, it previously was not and had not been for some time.

Quote:
Except that you can't, because your idea of how a business operates is based on pulling an idea out of thin air and then coming up with a set of speculations to support your idea, and presenting them as fact.

This is your attempt at 'education':

------------------------------------------

So here since you're daft and need things spelled out in very plain text [ad hominem attack]

Kobo finds KA1s in some storeroom in these markets [Speculation and a rather weird concept of space. 'Some storeroom in these markets? Must be a hell of big storeroom]

Kobo tests a few and they pass [Pure speculation]

Kobo sells the remainder, however a selection of these have faced battery
degradation, a selection possibly (and probably) greater than normal because of time elapsed and storage conditions [Not only have you just said that Kobo sell the ones that didn't pass, again, pure speculation.]

Some nutter finds Kobo is selling KA1s and thinks they have decided to manufacture new ones and that each and every device will be tested to arrive perfect to his door.
[Ad hominem and more speculation]

------------------------------------------

So, your attempt at 'spelling things out in plain text' involves a series of speculations, ad hominem attacks, a suggestion that a storeroom is 'in' a set of markets covering thousands of square miles, and a statement that Kobo are selling the stock that failed the testing.
Learn how to use the quote system, and stop blathering on.

You think a company is going to start producing new units of an old device and not advertise it, nor sell it in several large markets. You also think companies are totally ok with stock sitting unused in warehouses. One of which could swallow the markets they're selling it in.

Quote:
Of course, you'll say that these are just trivial mistakes, but the fact that, having said you'll educate someone in plain text, you can't write five lines without two glaring errors indicates that you thought processes are not the most logical and well disciplined.
I gave you back what you were giving to anyone else. If you view those as attacks, perhaps you should re-evaluate how you communicate.

Quote:
I suspect that that is a lie.
No, I truly do hope you're able to return to your normal posting habits.

Quote:
Really, for someone who is so free with using ad hominems instead of backing up his speculations, that's a perfect case of the pot calling the kettle black.
I'm glad to see you do on some level understand your manner of communication is brash and insulting. Perhaps there is hope for you to grow and change.

I've provided reasoning for my statements, you may disagree with said reasoning but it's there. Unlike you, who seems to think a company is going to start producing new units of an old device and not advertise it, nor sell it in several large markets. You also think companies are totally ok with stock sitting unused in warehouses.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote