View Single Post
Old 01-18-2019, 09:12 AM   #27949
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I admit to being a big fan. Mostly because of the fun, but as you mentioned, there are some dark and serious motifs as well. I will say that the FootNoterPhone in later installments can stretch the limits of what's convenient to partake of in an ebook (depending on your reading device's/app's capabilities), but it's all been great fun for me. That fun started to wear a little thin for me around the fourth book, but that's pretty typical for me with any series these days.
I had enjoyed The Last Dragonslayer, and on the strength of that I purchased an omnibus of the first three Thursday Next books. I'm not sure if the alternative history of The Last Dragonslayer is supposed to be the same as the Thursday Next stories; I didn't expect them to be, and they don't seem precisely the same but there is something similar about how they are imagined. I'm looking forward to reading more of both series, but I do think they will be best spaced out a bit.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote