View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 04:42 PM   #8
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Check out Furrygoat on this:

Quote:
My last book, Pocket PC Network Programming was published in July of 2003. On August 31st it had made it to Safari Online. By September 17th, the entire book had been ripped and placed online for the world to download for free. (Side note: I found Safari HTML tags in the ‘pirate’ version, so they basically downloaded the entire book and compiled it into a CHM, although they claimed that was ‘impossible’).

Flash forward to 2008: I can view the book on Google Book, for free. It says on the page that my published has ‘approved’ it, but I’ve never been asked.

After writing two books (Pocket PC Network Programming and Teach Yourself Windows CE Programming in 24 Hours) and spending several months in 2002 writing the Device Directions column in .NET magazine, I’m pretty convinced that I’m done with “professional” writing.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote