View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 12:54 AM   #10
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishface View Post
I was comparing it with other fixed-layout formats, e.g., just gzipped PS. PDF is very slow (to load, render, and navigate), large in file size, often has all kinds of font issues if not generated in just the right way, and can often print up with wonky margins if the paper setting is not done just right. PDF has been around a long time. It's really not hard to come up with something better for a fixed-layout print format.
Thanks for the feedback. I was looking at PDF as an end user and I've not had the above problems with PDFs that I create myself for my ereader. Other than the size issue I haven't had the other issues with PDF and for me PDF's reliable formatting is worth the tradeoff with file size.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote